Colterra Beet Salad
2 large organic red beets
2 large organic chioggia beets
1 oz organic chives
1 oz organic basil
1 oz organic italian parsley
2 oz local Haystack Mountain Chevre
1 oz toasted walnuts
1/4 organic fennel bulb
Organic extra virgin olive oil
Apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Coat the beets in olive oil and roast on a baking sheet until easily pierced by the tip of a knife. Approx 30 min.
- Allow the beets to cool and peel with a pairing knife. Cut the beets into medium dice and reserve.
For the Herbs
- Chop the chives into 1/2 inch segments. Pick the basil leaves from the stems and cut into thin strips. Pick the parsley leaves from the stems and leave whole.
- Shave the fennel as thin as possible.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons cider vinegar and 6 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine the beets, herbs, cider vinaigrette, and mix gently with a spoon.
- Place beets and herbs on salad plates and top with the goat cheese, walnuts and shaved fennel. Drizzel olive oil over the top and serve.
Michael Drazsnzak, Executive Chef, Colterra Food and Wine